How do I change the File system storage types?

hi,all
When I turn on Es and I don't want to restart,Can I change the File system storage types?

Do you mean: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/index-modules-store.html ?

If you define it in elasticsearch.yml you need to restart your node.
If you define it in an index, you don't need to restart. This can't be modified though after the index has been created.

1 Like

Yes, but I want to modify storage types after the index has been created,and not need to restart my node.For now,There is no way to do this.thanks for you reply!

No. There is no way to do that after the index has been created as this is a static setting.

hello,David
Can you tell me the specific reason why I need to restart es?

In my case,The Production Environment generally does not restart, we have customized the new type, and want to enter through the plugin without restarting.

Is there any other way to solve this problem?

Because elasticsearch.yml file is only read when the node starts.

Sorry but which plugin? You never mentioned a plugin.

What exact problem you want to solve?

You can do a rolling restart by following this guide Rolling upgrade | Elasticsearch Guide [8.11] | Elastic

Just skip steps 5 and 6.

It's a plugin that I define a new storage type like mmapfs, nio and so on.
I want to add the plugin to set the new storage type without restarting.

I don't know what your plugin is doing (what's the full code) but I don't think you can.

hello @dadoonet
Does es`current compression algorithm suppot only lz4 and deflate?Whether it supports other open source algorithms,or custom algorithms?

AFAIK it only supports the ones that are documented (and implemented)...

Is there only two algorithms in Lucene, so es can only use lz4 and deflecte?About store compression,Does es`current compression algorithm suppot only lz4 and deflate?

Oh? You already asked the same question elsewhere. Let's keep the discussion in a single place.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.