How do you increase the GB storage without increasing the RAM and CPU. Is there a way?

how do you increase the GB storage without increasing the RAM and CPU. Is there a way?

Are you self hosting or using a managed service? If you are using a managed service the instance types and resource ration are often fixed and standardised.

Please tell me a whole idea of both the cases , in brief. It would really help :slight_smile:

Elastic Cloud currently supports pre determine node types and sizes based on our experience and best practices. The cloud console and documents I gave you in the other thread should help explain that. The ratios of RAM / CPU and Disk are fixed for the instance types and sizes.

If you run self managed there are many factors to determine your cluster design, such as Use Case example Log Aggregation or eCommerce Search... How much data, how many users etc

Different hardware configurations to support different use cases is very big topic and more than we can explain in just one or two sentences in a post.

That said you can always just get started using something like a docker compose or just the quick start

If you are just getting started learning with a small use case I would highly recommend Elastic Cloud as it provided best practice node and cluster configurations through a simple UI.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.