How i can increase the thread_pool.index.size in 6.6.1

Hi

With the reference to Elasticsearch document forv6.6.1, i am trying to increase the thread_pool index/write size to number of cores times 5 (4*5=20)in elasticsearch.yml file and but getting exceptions during startup. Can you please help me out to increase threads size.

[2019-10-04T05:05:55,882][WARN ][o.e.b.ElasticsearchUncaughtExceptionHandler] [es1] uncaught exception in thread [main]
org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.StartupException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to parse value [20] for setting [thread_pool.write.size] must be <= 5
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:163) ~[elasticsearch-6.6.1.jar:6.6.1]

Elasticsearch yml config:-
thread_pool:
index:
size: 20
queue_size: 1000
write:
size: 20
queue_size: 2000

Thanks,
Kamal

Hi @Kamal_Ambati,

From the docs, the write and index thread pools are of type fixed and the maximum size for this pool is 1 + # of available processors . So Elasticsearch won't start when using 20 as you only have 4 processors.

As a side comment, changing thread pools are the last resort when it comes to performance optimization.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.