How to change kibanas default port

Hi, whe i need to access my kibana from a browser, i need to put ip:5601, how i change the default kibanas port that to use 443 port and just use https://ip to access kibana?

Best way to do this is using reverse proxy tools, such as Nginx

Its easy to use and configure

otherwise, you can change kibana port in kibana.yml "server.port:"

when i changed the server.port in kibana.yml i got an error but in my log, show nothing... just the service dont start

@FALEN in my kibanas log, i have this message when i set port 443 on server.port, do you know the reason?

"listen EACCES: permission denied 10.0.0.117:443","error":{"message":"listen EACCES: permission denied 10.0.0.117:443","type":"Error","stack_trace":"Error: listen EACCES: permission denied 10.0.0.117:443\n    at Server.setupListenHandle [as _listen2] (node:net:1317:21)\n    at listenInCluster (node:net:1382:12)\n    at doListen (node:net:1520:7)\n    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:84:21)"},"log":{"level":"FATAL","logger":"root"},"process":{"pid":2052},"trace":{"id":"97fc45083cfb472094321fac6d037208"},"transaction":{"id":"10b6fc5655711ad6"}}

@gustavoluza Have you tried another port? Try for troubleshooting purposes 5602, instead of the default 5601.

See if that works to start with.

443 is reserved for SSL traffic.

@zx8086 thats works... but is possible work with 443 port on server.port?

@gustavoluza

No, to use 443 you need to enable SSL and use certificates in the short answer.

i solved, just need to apply some permissions to kibana work with 443 port in server.port parameter

# setcap cap_net_bind_service=+epi /usr/share/kibana/bin/kibana
# setcap cap_net_bind_service=+epi /usr/share/kibana/bin/kibana-plugin
# setcap cap_net_bind_service=+epi /usr/share/kibana/bin/kibana-keystore
# setcap cap_net_bind_service=+epi /usr/share/kibana/node/bin/node

thanks

It really isn't good practise for issue down the line... if you have an issue, the assumption is that you are following the standard setup.

yes... i know that, but its a requisite from the project... access kibana without use port and i cant use apache or nginx for that... so...

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.