Kibana cannot be accessed on different port other than 5601

I cannot access Kibana on different port other than 5601. I changed the server.port property in Kibana.yml file to several different unused ports. But I cannot access it from those ports. I can only access it on port 5601.

hmm, thats all is needed to load it on a different port - To change the host or port number, or connect to Elasticsearch running on a different machine, you’ll need to update your kibana.yml file.
Did you restart your service , post the changes to make the changes apply? Any logs to support or any kind of screenshot you could provide?

Cheers
Rshmi

Yes, I did restart both elasticsearch and kibana services. My log files are full of logs as of now and it is taking a while to load them. Can I delete the logs and regenerate them after restarting the service?

Yea, if you don't care about the old logs, you can always restart the service and logs will start collecting as well.

Cheers
Rashmi

I've cleared all logs. Now after I change the server.port property to 5602 and restarted the service, I see following logs in kibana.log file:

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2018-10-11T14:53:00Z","tags":["listening","info"],"pid":6884,"message":"Server running at http://10.*.*.*:5602"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2018-10-11T14:53:00Z","tags":["status","ui settings","info"],"pid":6884,"state":"green","message":"Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready","prevState":"uninitialized","prevMsg":"uninitialized"}

When I access the kibana page on 5602 poet, it says: " This site can’t be reached

10...* took too long to respond.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.