How to clear all data from Kibana (Discover) before uploading my local dashboard into live server(AWS)

Created a Dashboard using ELK Stack locally and it is successfully running in localhost . Now i have to integrate with some other application in live server. So i need to upload the local kibana dashboard in live server(AWS).

Before placing my ELK stack folder in live server i need to erase dummy datas from my kibana dashboard. When i am integrated and started kibana as a service then only need to start fetching using logstash in fresh manner. I just need to erase data which i am already got using logstash jdbc input from Discover section. Keep my Visualizations remain not changed.

How can i clear all data from Kibana (Discover) before uploading my local dashboard into live server(AWS)?

FYI we’ve renamed ELK to the Elastic Stack, otherwise Beats feels left out :wink:

curl -XDELETE ELASTICSEARCHIP:9200/* will delete EVERYTHING.

If you want to save your dashboards then either export them, or don't use * there, just list the indices.

I am new to Elastic Stack. Could you please elaborate the process of make a local dashboard into live

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

my local dashboard have to integrate with some other application which is already in live server(AWS). How?

Kibana can only talk to Elasticsearch, so unless the data from the applications is in Elasticsearch you cannot do this.

The developed application is java based. I have to embed the developed kibana dashboard into an html page. Then the html page need to be one of the screen of some other application. Is it possible?

More than likely, but that's not my area of expertise sorry.

Thanks for your reply. I have one more doubt. You told,
"curl -XDELETE ELASTICSEARCHIP:9200/* will delete EVERYTHING"

here Everything including my indexes, Visualizations and Dashboard, is it?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.