How to configure Elastic stack with Fleet server and APM integration using docker compose?

I'm trying to setup an example project with the following functionality:

• Elasticsearch
  • Logstash
  • Kibana
  • Fleet Server
  • Elastic Agent with APM Integration
  • OpenTelemetry from a .NET Application

Getting the basic ELK setup wasn't too bad, but going beyond that has been really tough. I've managed to figure out how to get Kibana to auto-enroll itself, and I now have a Fleet server running. I'm now stuck with the following problems:

• I tried getting the elastic-agent running, but it requires an enrollment token and I can't find any way to obtain one outside of manually through the Kibana UI.

• The fleet server creates a new policy on every rebuild/restart, which seems unnecessary.

• The fleet server console shows errors about trying to connect to localhost:9200, even though I've set the FLEET_SERVER_ELASTICSEARCH_HOST variables to https://elasticstack:9200

The Elastic documentation has bits and pieces of this process, but there's a lot of details missing along the way. I've managed to find a few github repos to fill in the gaps, but I've been hacking away at this for several weeks now and it's still not working.

My current docker-compose configuration:
docker-compose.override.yml

Any help would be much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.