How to connect API with Search UI

I have an API with Flask, that runs on my localhost. Basically, I have a search box, where I can enter any sentence. Furthermore I have a database with sentences (in my case an excel sheet). Through some neural network, I can find the most similar sentences to the query sentences. On my website, I can then print out the top n most similar sentences.

For this very simple website, I want to implement a pretty userface. I was told, that I can do this with elastic search-ui. Unfortunately, I have no experience with that at all and moreover, I have never done anything similar. So right now I feel a bit lost.

From my understanding, the solution should be simple. I assume, that elastic search-ui has some functionality, that I can for example create a search box, where I can write a sentence. This sentence will then have a specific format (maybe json), which I can then transfer to my API, transform it in a way that I can use it and receive the most similar sentences. Afterwards, I guess I have to transform the results into a specific format again (probably json again) and pass it to the search-ui.

So first of all, is my idea of what I practically have to do correct?
If so, does anyone have help how to do that? I can't believe that this should be so hard, but I get lost in the documentation (https://github.com/elastic/search-ui#about-search-ui-rocket) quite quickly.

Thank you for your help!

As far as I know the Search Ui is designed to work with Elasticsearch and not custom APIs. If you are not using Elasticsearch this may therefore not be of much use to you.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.