How to Count 3 columns together while doing group by in Elastic Transform in Kibana

I have below data set in my index and I want to summarize my index via transform feature in kibana (yellow column shows count of available number for reference)

I am able to get individual columns count while doing group by, with below code in Transform.

{
  "group_by": {
    "customer_id": {
      "histogram": {
        "field": "customer_id",
        "interval": "10"
      }
    },  
  },
  "aggregations": {
    "phone1": {
      "value_count": {
        "field": "phone1"
      }
    },
    "phone2": {
        "field": "phone2"
      }
    },
    "phone3": {
        "field": "phone3"
      }
    }
  }
}

how can I count values of 3 different columns (phone1, phone2, phone3) together group by customer_id, so that count of all the numbers come together not seperately
A similar sql query would be like below -

SELECT count("phone1") + count("phone2") + count("phone3")  AS no_of_phone from table_name 
group by "customer_id"

Expected output -

Hi,

there is currently no easy way to do this. However you can use a scripted metric aggregation (bucket script might work, too). There is no exact example, but I hope you get inspired and are able to implement your usecase.

Hi @Hendrik_Muhs
Thanks for the reply, I thought it's a normal use case and it might be documented somewhere in elastic search website. However thank you for suggestions I'll look into scripted metric and bucket script.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.