How to create a url to retrieve data from a local file or from ftp

Hi Team,
I need help in creating a url in kibana discover page. When clicked on it it needs to fetch the file contents from a local system or from ftp location.
I already followed the steps to create uri out of teh data populated in the column. But it is giving {"statusCode":404,"error":"Not Found","message":"Unknown app D:/test/Sample_JSON.txt"} error message.

Thanks & Regards
Srinivas

I think that browsers will prevent this from working but assuming it's possible, make sure to use the file:/ protocol in your url.

I am using the FTP connection here to retrieve the file. I am not interested in hard coding the ftp username and pwd in link.

There is no way in the FTP URL syntax to ask the user agent to prompt for a user name. Either you provide a fixed user name (with or without a password) in the URL or no user name, in which the user name anonymous is used. Instead of providing directly a link with an FTP URL, present an HTML form which asks for the username; make the script which processes the form send a 301 (temporarily moved) response, substituting the received username into the URL in the Location header.

Let us know if this helps...

Thanks
Rashmi

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.