How to create visualization from data inside a hit in kibana?

Hi,
I would like to create visualization in kibana from the data I had fetched from postgresql. I need to create visualization by comparing the datas inside single column in postgresql. But in kibana, the data in single column of postgresql is showing in the single hit of kibana. So, I am unable to create the visualization from this single hit data. If there is any way to filter the data inside a hit in kibana or to check the word count in single hit?

Hi @Muhammed_Danish,

Filter within a single document this is currently not possible. You have to solve that during ingest and split up your sql data into multiple documents to be able to visualize them in Kibana.

Depending on how your data looks exactly you could do the word-count with a scripted field. If you run into performance problems with the scripted field, it makes sense to also do this during ingest time.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. If we can use split filter or grok filter in logstash to make the json format data to separate hit in kibana?

Hi @Muhammed_Danish,

the split filter looks like the right tool for the job. If you run into problems, feel free to create a post in the logstash forum.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.