How to Disable ‘Apply these filters?’ dialog box in embedded visualizations

I see that this issue was solved in Oct 2017, but no explanation was provided as to how to fix it. Can someone explain how to disable the 'Apply these filters' dialog and have the filters applied without needing to click 'Apply Now'

Thank you.

Hi John, when you say this was solved in Oct 2017, where do you see that? Can you link me to the release note, blog post, GitHub issue, or GitHub pull request where you see that noted?

Thanks!

He said he fixed it, but gave no instructions on how to do it.

What I am trying to do is to click on a bar in a Horizontal Bar chart and automatically apply the filters without having to click on the "Apply Now" button.

Is there any way to apply the filters when a bar is selected on a horizontal bar chart without having to click the 'apply now' button?

Hi John, I believe that functionality was changed in a later release to no longer require you to click the "Apply Now" button. I just tested on 6.0.0 and I was able to click a bar chart and the filter was immediately applied without any further action or prompting necessary. I think you'll need to upgrade to access this behavior.

I am using the 6.5.3 version of kibana. I'll try a newer version.

I think, if you split the horizontal bar chart series the "Apply Now" button appears when you try to select a single bar. Is there any way to automatically apply the filters without having to click on the "Apply Now" button. I am using Kibana version 6.5.3.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.