How to (easiily) set time period to end of a day

Kibana 7.17

Very often I want to look at data for a certain day, so I need to set the time period as, E.g. Nov 3, 2022 @ 00:00:00.000 to Nov 3, 2022 @ 23:59:59.999. How can I easily do that? The only way I can find to do it is selecting 23:30 from the list of times in the date picker and then manually edit it to 23:59:59.999. Which is cumbersome and increasingly irritating.

With the Kibana 6 date picker it was very easy to set the time period to cover one day with a few clicks. With Kibana 7 it seems like it's impossible short of manually editing and typing things.

Hi Mike,

I think a nice solution for you would be to either modify a url to:
http://localhost:5601/ntj/app/lens#/?_g=(filters:!(),refreshInterval:(pause:!t,value:0),time:(from:now-2d%2Fd,to:now-2d%2Fd))

I am talking about the part: (from:now-2d%2Fd,to:now-2d%2Fd)) - it will create the timerange from 3 days ago to 2 days ago (modify '2' to change the number of days behind)

If you would prefer to automate it to have an option in a time picker, maybe you could add it in you advanced settings as a time picker option (I've added custom 'the day before yesterday'). Then you can just quickly modify the number of days behind:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.