How to install logstash jdbc plugin

I have installed ELK, I installed Jruby and Bundler with gems as described byhttps://github.com/logstash-plugins/logstash-input-jdbc

I seperately downloaded Jruby and installed gems.

I think the next step is to install logstash-input-jdbc, But how do I install it in Ubuntu. I have seen many links like; Logstash jdbc plugin not installed.

But Im unable to install or sudo apt-get in the /usr/share/logstash.

And secondly, How to run logstash in Ubuntu like mentioned here: https://www.elastic.co/blog/logstash-jdbc-input-plugin

But I am running with errors. Please help.

Hi..

$ cd /usr/share/logstash
And after the above command run the following command:
bin/logstash-plugin install logstash-input-jdbc

So after this we have successfully installed logstash jdbc plugin. You will see on screen successful message.
This plugin does not come packaged with JDBC driver libraries. The desired jdbc driver library must be explicitly passed in to the plugin using the jdbc_driver_library configuration option.

Hello! Thank you for the post. I have exactly the same problem. I have just tried installing jdbc plugin using "logstash-plugin install logstash-input-jdbc":

logstash-6.5.1\bin>logstash-plugin install logstash-input-jdbc

and I get this:
"could not find jruby in C:\elk\logstash-6.5.1\vendor\jruby"
Your answer: "This plugin does not come packaged with JDBC driver libraries. The desired jdbc driver library must be explicitly passed in to the plugin using the jdbc_driver_library configuration option." is a good hint but could someone explain how to explicitly pass jdbc driver library to the plugin?

Go to cd /usr/share/logstash and then install plugin...

If you are using binary file of logstash then just go to the logstash dir and then install..like in the below image...I am using binary files...

$cd logstash-6.4.0

logstash-6.4.0$ bin/logstash-plugin install logstash-codec-avro

Hi Shekkar_Pandy,

Thank you very much for your advice.

However I had discovered that in my case the reason for error was that I installed Java and set up JAVA-HOME after installing elasticsearch, logstash and kibana. The result was that not all of the folders unpacked from the zip folder. So I deleted logstash folder and extracted them again to elk folder on C:\ drive. This time all folders extracted and installed correctly, including vendor folder with Jruby in it.

thank you so much for your response

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.