How to integrate Kibana Dashboard in Kibana Plugin

Hi,

I am having few dashboards created in Kibana. I want to export these dashboards to a custom plugin. How can this be done?

Thanks!!

@vganjarem can you go into a bit more detail as to what you're trying to accomplish? Any dashboards and the visualizations that they are made from are going to be strongly bound to your data structure.

Hi,

I completely agree that the visualizations will be tightly bound to the data structure. I am building an app/plugin, which is supposed to have multiple dashboards. Few dashboards will have a custom visualization (e.g. Bubble Chart) . Other dashboards will have kibana supported native layouts e.g. Pie Chart, Bar Chart, Area Graph etc. I want tp combine these two set of dashboard together in one plugin / app.

So the underline question is, while building the custom visualization (using plugin / app framework), is is possible to use the kibana supported native visualizations (e.g. pie chart, bar chart) in the plugin.

Thanks,
Vishal!!

@vganjare so to reiterate to make sure I understand your issue... You want to consume Kibana visualizations in your custom plugin.

I am unfamiliar with how to accomplish this myself, but a member of our team suggested the following:

The best example they could look at is dashboard panels; assuming they want to consume saved visualizations.
If they want to consume our vis types they should checkout the wiki GitHub - spalger/kibana: Kibana.

Let me know if this helps!

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the documentation. Yes, I want to consume the Kibana visualization in my custom plugin.

Thanks!!