Using Kibana visualizations without the Kibana dashboard

I've just started looking into Kibana today, and so far not seeing documentation or options on integrating Kibana visualizations outside of the Kibana dashboard. I did see a topic about integrating the dashboard into an Angular 2 application with iframes, but we are not needing the dashboard itself. Also, we would need the visualizations to integrate (call methods, and respond to events) with features external to the visualizations themselves.

There is no feature of Kibana that allows you to use visualizations in other applications. The embed feature of dashboard is the closest thing to that.

There is ongoing work to make Kibana visualizations embeddable in plugins outside of the dashboard but still within Kibana itself. Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?

Thanks, Court. Would this mean we would need to bring Kibana into our codebase? Is that possible? Would we then need to wrap each widget in a separate instance of Kibana, or could we in some way wrap our entire dashboard in Kibana? What is support like for custom visualizations? We would like to be able to use Kibana visualizations, but with added features to respond to events, and propagate outgoing events to the rest of our system.

Sorry for the delay in responding to this.

"Bringing kibana into your codebase" isn't really possible, or at least I don't know how it would be done. Kibana does support custom visualizations, though. I recommend taking a look at the Developing visualizations docs to get started.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.