How to interpret this graph

I tried to draw a graph "Bandwidth usage of top five countries over time" using the logs captured from apache servers.

X-Axis -@timestamp per minute - I guess this means to create the buckets based on "minutes" - Am i right ?

How can i see the bandwidth usage of top 5 countries at certain minute by mouse hovering the graph - as you in the image , it is showing only the top country at that moment ?

Y- Axis - Currently it is showing as number of bytes - Is there anyway to show this scaled to MB or GB ?

Yes.

Right, because it's calculating the top 5 for that minute.

You can create a scripted field to calculate it, but it's not anything Kibana currently does natively.

Do you want the top 5 over all time?

Right, because it's calculating the top 5 for that minute.

I guess the image ( which is black color on mouse over) shows the bandwidth per coutnry as it is obvious from the image that - 54306753 bytes consumed by Republic of Lituabnia at 12:44 - Ami right ? Or it the number is for all 5 countries at that moment?

If it not for 5 countires - how can i see the number for top 5 countires at 12:44 ?

You can create a scripted field to calculate it, but it's not anything Kibana currently does natively.

Do you have an example for the same

Yes, correct.

This thread does Kibana dashboard for Interface Traffic analysis

Yes, correct.

Ok, how can i see the numbers for top 5 countries at 12:44 instead of top country ?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.