How to link 2 dashboards

I have 2 dashboards as below :

1. First dashboard contains job status with job name. For instance, job1 having status Failed.

2. 2nd dashboards contains error for the failed jobs. For instance, job1 failure logs.

I want to navigate from 1st dashboard to 2nd. I want to check the status of job1 from 1st dashboard (say failed) and then want to check the failure logs of job1 in 2nd dashboard.

Please help how I can link 2 dashboards and can navigate from 1st dashboard to 2nd.

I think the only way that might work would be to create a Markdown visualization in TSVB that has a link back to Kibana with a dynamic parameter for a Job ID that you want to use as a filter on the page where the link goes to.

For example, you could have the aggregation in TSVB aggregate by Job ID, and then have your handlebars in Markdown loop through each Job ID, showing it as a link do a filtered dashboard. Do a Panel filter in Panel Options to filter for failed jobs.

If you do that, the Markdown might look something like:

{{#each _all}}
 - [{{ label }}](/app/kibana#/discover?_g=(refreshInterval:(pause:!t,value:0),time:(from:now-2y,mode:quick,to:now))&_a=(columns:!(_source),index:'4a4f0950-bdc9-11e8-bf89-cbaa4b92dbba',interval:auto,query:(language:lucene,query:'metric:{{ label }}'),sort:!('@timestamp',desc)))
{{/each}}

Note the href has metric:{{ label }}, which is the dynamic filter that will end up being a filter in your Dashboard, or in my case, the Discover app.

Let me know how it works out!

-Tim

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.