How to remove stuck persistent setting after upgrade

I have just upgraded my cluster from 5.6 to 6.1. I did a rolling upgrade as the documentation specified. It looks like a setting that I was using isn't available anymore in 6.1. That would've been fine, but now I can't even enable my shard allocation, so now my last node won't allocate its shards. Doing something as simple as this:

curl -XPUT 'localhost:9200/_cluster/settings?pretty' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d'
{
    "persistent" : {
        "cluster.routing.allocation.enable" : "all"
    }
}

results in this:

{
  "error" : {
    "root_cause" : [
      {
        "type" : "remote_transport_exception",
        "reason" : "[inoreader-es4][92.247.179.253:9300][cluster:admin/settings/update]"
      }
    ],
    "type" : "illegal_argument_exception",
    "reason" : "unknown setting [indices.store.throttle.max_bytes_per_sec] did you mean [indices.recovery.max_bytes_per_sec]?"
  },
  "status" : 400
}

No matter what setting I try to change I always get this error.
Yes, I did set indices.store.throttle.max_bytes_per_sec as persistent setting once in 5.x, and I'm OK with having to set it to a new name now, but how can I even remove it? It's not in elasticsearch.yml.

as i know this is delete in es 6

set:
"indices.store.throttle.max_bytes_per_sec": null
remove it.

I've tried that already. It raises the same error. In fact ANY setting that I try to PUT raises the same error unknown setting [indices.store.throttle.max_bytes_per_sec] did you mean [indices.recovery.max_bytes_per_sec]?. I can't seem to find a way to remove it via the APIs.

show your put curl..

@jacket can you try
PUT _cluster/settings { "persistent": { "indices.store.throttle.*": null } }?

I'm not sure why it doesn't let you set that specific setting to null, but try removing everything under throttle, see if that works.

it know in 6.x? or in 5.x ?
if 5.x use this.

as i know not use * use "indices.store.throttle.max_bytes_per_sec": null

How about using an empty string "" instead of null
Same result?

Yes, that should work in 5.x and 6.x.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.