How to safely update Elasticsearch offline?

Hi, I've a server without Internet access (due to security rules) and I would like to know how to safely update elasticsearch.

Greetings,

Carlos Vega

What concerns do you have? Just transport the Debian package, RPM, or tarball to the machine via any means necessary and upgrade. There's nothing in the upgrade process itself that requires internet access.

You may have to upgrade plugins but they can also be downloaded from an internet-connected machine and transported to the ES nodes for an offline installation.

1 Like

Ok, thanks ! I just asked just in case I had to keep something in mind. How about kibana? I asked here about it. There's no kibana tarball, is a tar.gz. Do I have to keep something in mind before updating? It is possible to backup the dashboards?

There's no kibana tarball, is a tar.gz.

.tar.gz files are often called tarballs.

Do I have to keep something in mind before updating?

There shouldn't be anything in particular to think about, no. To the extent there is it should be detailed in the release notes (which always should be read prior to an upgrade).

It is possible to backup the dashboards?

Dashboards are stored in an Elasticsearch index.

1 Like

.tar.gz files are often called tarballs.

haha, yes I meant RMP, but I wrote tarballs :thumbsup:

Dashboards are stored in an Elasticsearch index.

Yes, but, is there any way to do a copy of these dashboards in case I want to move them to other place?

Thanks again !