How to sum date values in kibana

How we can perform sum chart for date values in Kibana ? I have a field with date in the format of HH:MM:SS and type as date in Kibana fields. But this field is not visible under SUM aggregation.

Sounds like you're actually looking for a "duration" field. I recommend storing your duration in seconds and using an interger type field, then you can sum up the seconds and use a "Duration" field formatter for the index pattern to have it formatted as HH:MM:SS at display time.

Thank you for your response.

I tried this already but in Kibana visualization, sum metric is not working on date fields with duration format as hh:mm:ss

I tried sum bucket but that is also not worked. Could you please correct me where I need to do changes ?

Right, it shouldn't be a date field. It should be a number feild that stores seconds.

Summing up the seconds works like any other number, but you can format the numbers as a duration using the field formatters in your Kibana index pattern.

Thank you , but still here, format field for number type can be viewed as duration but not in HH:MM:SS format.

Kibana seems showing only hours or minutes or human readable format like 2 month etc.

I would like to view sum of seconds in the format of HH:MM:SS. Could you help me ?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.