How to upload a visualtion data to kibana using curl command or using the requests post

i want to upload a json visualizations data to kibana using the curl command and this json data was obtained from the kibana itself
is there a way that i could create the visualizations from the python script itself by using the json data from the kibana visualizations.
i am trying to create a new visualizations for users by making little changes in the json visual data,,,is this possible??

here is the json data that i am trying to upload:

{
"title":"cpu_2",
"visState":""" {"params": {"addTimeMarker": false, "grid": {"style": {"color": "#eee"}, "categoryLines": false}, "seriesParams": [{"showCircles": true, "show": true, "type": "histogram", "mode": "stacked", "drawLinesBetweenPoints": true, "valueAxis": "ValueAxis-1", "data": {"id": "2", "label": "Max Cpu_utilisation"}}], "legendPosition": "right", "addTooltip": true, "times": , "categoryAxes": [{"style": {}, "scale": {"type": "linear"}, "title": {}, "show": true, "position": "bottom", "labels": {"truncate": 100, "show": true}, "type": "category", "id": "CategoryAxis-1"}], "type": "histogram", "valueAxes": [{"style": {}, "scale": {"type": "linear", "mode": "normal"}, "title": {"text": "Max Cpu_utilisation"}, "name": "LeftAxis-1", "show": true, "position": "left", "labels": {"filter": false, "rotate": 0, "truncate": 100, "show": true}, "type": "value", "id": "ValueAxis-1"}], "addLegend": true}, "type": "histogram", "aggs": [{"type": "max", "enabled": true, "id": "2", "params": {"field": "Cpu_utilisation"}, "schema": "metric"}, {"type": "terms", "enabled": true, "id": "3", "params": {"orderBy": "2", "field": "Time.keyword", "otherBucketLabel": "Other", "otherBucket": false, "missingBucket": false, "order": "desc", "missingBucketLabel": "Missing", "size": 20}, "schema": "segment"}], "title": "cpu_2"}""",
"uiStateJSON":"{}",
"description" : "",
"version" : 1,
"kibanaSavedObjectMeta":{"searchSourceJSON":""""{"index": "220222b0-06ea-11e9-9ee2-1d0446b8a21a","query": {"language": "lucene","query": ""},"filter": }"""}
}

this is json output of a visualization created in kibana .

Hello,

So there are two questions in your post?

1. You can upload saved objects json through the saved objects UI in management.

2. through saved objects API:
    https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/master/saved-objects-api.html

3. I am not getting the context of creating vizs from python script here. Can you please explain?

Thanks,
Bhavya

why i need to create the vizs from python script....

say there are 10 people and they all have a different data but the vizs are same for all 10 and now to solve this problem ...should we create a new 10 vizs for each or should we just change some parameters in the json file of the vizs (like id and index-pattern).

This is the situation presently ,,,so if we could make the it work by python code, that would be great..

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.