How to use different kibana indexes in kibana 8

In our lab environment, we are using two kibana instances with the Elasticsearch cluster. The problem is that kibana.index configuration option is deprecated now and it will be removed in kibana 8. In our lab environment, we are using two kibana instances with the Elasticsearch cluster and we keep the kibana indexes different for these two kibana instances by using the configuration options kibana.index and xpack.task_manager.index. For example, for 1st kibana instance we have the following configuration:

kibana.index: ".kibana"
xpack.task_manager.index: ".kibana_task_manager"

For the 2nd instance, we have the following configuration:

kibana.index: ".kibana-testing"
xpack.task_manager.index: ".kibana-testing_task_manager"

My question is that these options are no longer supported in kibana 8, so how I can make sure that different indexes are created for different kibana instances.Can anyone guide me in this regard?

Here are the release notes which mention this setting, and here is the original GitHub issue with more information.

You can't make sure that different indexes are created for different Kibana instances anymore starting in 8.0+. Have you considered using two different Kibana spaces in your lab environment instead?

I am also facing the same issue.
Is there any alternate for this.
If spaces are the only option, does kibana provide the option to set individual settings(like profile) for users/roles.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.