How to use watcher to send the alert using teams connector

Hello,

I have a watcher which is working as expected if I use the email action in it. I need to know how can I use that watcher to send the alerts using the teams connector that I created in alerts and actions tab.

Thank you.

You can if you have the correct license for that. Elastic Support Matrix | Elasticsearch covers that.

Thank you warkolm. But I am not sure what am I supposed to look for in the link you provided. I have the platinum license for elastic stack if that helps.

Then you should definitely reach out to your Support team to get assistance with this. We're happy to help, but support is included in that license level :0

@Patr123

I think there could be a bit of a disconnect.

I don't think watcher supports Teams you can see the connectors here.

Although you could probably create a custom webhook to work with teams.

The new Teams connector is to be used with the Kibana alerting framework here

Teams connector here

And some differences between Kibana alerting and watcher here

I also agree you should reach out to support because you have that as part of your license.

Hello,
I was able to configure this. When I do the simulation I get the expected result but when I am trying to execute it I am getting the below error:

"status": "failure",
        "error": {
          "root_cause": [
            {
              "type": "s_s_l_handshake_exception",
              "reason": "PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target"
            }
          ],
          "type": "s_s_l_handshake_exception",
          "reason": "PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target",
          "caused_by": {
            "type": "validator_exception",
            "reason": "PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target",
            "caused_by": {
              "type": "sun_cert_path_builder_exception",
              "reason": "unable to find valid certification path to requested target"
            }
          }
        }

I know I need to play with

xpack.security.transport.ssl.verification_mode: ""

Setting, but don't know what needs to go there.

Probably this could help you: