Https://docker-auth.elastic.co not working

Hi guys,

I am looking to build a ppc64le version of filebeat and try to get the golang-crossbuild containers.

In order to do that I want to obtain them from docker.elastic.co/beats-dev/golang-crossbuild:[TAG]

When running a pull request I get:
ERRO[0002] error getting search results from v2 endpoint "docker.elastic.co": unable to retrieve auth token: invalid username/password: errors:
denied: requested access to the resource is denied
unauthorized: authentication required

I then found the manual steps for releasing a new verison (thats not what I want to do, but it seems to indicate a way to authenticate)
"Get a logon token for the container registry by visiting https://docker-auth.elastic.co/."

So I want to associate my GH account via https://docker-auth.elastic.co/, but thats not working either with "Newly-acquired token is invalid"

Now I am either doing something wrong or its not working as expected...

If someone could enlighten me to which is the case and what I can do to proceed... :slight_smile:
Thanks,
cheers

That should generally be anonymously readable. What is the exact command / image you're trying to get there?

docker pull docker.elastic.co/beats-dev/golang-crossbuild:1.17.1-ppc is working fine for me (I even logged out just to be sure)

Hi,
thanks, I was able to access 1.17.1 without issues.
Makes me wonder why the releases ( Releases · elastic/golang-crossbuild (github.com)) are not availble there.

Maybe a misunderstanding on my end how all that is related.

Thanks for your help:)

1 Like

That sounds like a good question — I don't know and have asked. I picked up the version / example from the readme but I'm unsure why the other releases wouldn't work.

1. Try pulling docker pull docker.elastic.co/beats-dev/golang-crossbuild:1.19.9-ppc-debian11
  2. I opened Some Docker images are not available? · Issue #295 · elastic/golang-crossbuild · GitHub to track this down.

This should be resolved now: release notes: add docker image suffixes by v1v · Pull Request #302 · elastic/golang-crossbuild · GitHub

Thanks for bringing it up!

Brilliant, thanks :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.