"build_hash" : "3adb13b",
"build_date" : "2017-03-23T03:31:50.652Z",
"build_snapshot" : false,
"lucene_version" : "6.4.1"
},
"tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

● elasticsearch.service - Elasticsearch
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/elasticsearch.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Tue 2017-03-28 15:22:14 EDT; 5min ago
Docs: http://www.elastic.co
Process: 7899 ExecStartPre=/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-systemd-pre-exec (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 7904 (java)
Tasks: 36
Memory: 1.3G
CPU: 56.449s
CGroup: /system.slice/elasticsearch.service
└─7904 /usr/bin/java -Xms2g -Xmx2g -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75 -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -server

kibana (set to public IP) also looks ok

but I get ui settings - Elasticsearch plugin is red

What could be the problem?

Looks like you are saying that you saw a log message in the Kibana logs from ui settings saying that the Elasticsearch plugin is red. But you seem to be also saying that Kibana "looks ok". So did the ui settings message update after awhile to something like [ui settings] Status changed from red to green - Ready

What exactly do you see when you try to load Kibana in a browser?

Ok, fixed.

I upgraded all ELK to ver. 5.x and started having this problem so what I did was removing index

curl -XDELETE http://localhost:9200/.kibana and restarted Elasticsearch and Kibana, now everything in the status is green.

The problem now is I got quite often timeouts at the beginning of the search after few minutes of refreshing I get results but it bothers me to wait that long

The latency of results from Elasticsearch usually has to do with the Elasticsearch processing time.

The next time you have to wait a long time for results to load for a search, once the request finishes, open the Spy Panel (the icon that is an upwards-facing caret in the circle) and look at the raw response from Elasticsearch. There is a took field that tells you how many milliseconds that Elasticsearch took to process the request. That will help you figure out where your latency is.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.