Elasticsearch plugin is red (5.2.2)

Hi,
I have ElasticSearch running on a remote server. I'm using kibana to access the elasticsearch. But recently i can not access the elastic through kibana or postman but elastic queries are working fine with web application, that i have created.

Kibana CMD displays that "Elasticsearch plugin is red". I did elasticsearch restart and no luck of fixing the issue.
What can i do to overcome this issue..?

What does kibana logs say?

I saw something similar once when Elasticsearch and Kibana were not the same version.

log [10:32:21.938] [info][status][plugin:kibana@5.2.2] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
log [10:32:22.016] [info][status][plugin:elasticsearch@5.2.2] Status changed from uninitialized to yellow - Waiting for Elasticsearch
log [10:32:22.032] [info][status][plugin:console@5.2.2] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
log [10:32:22.594] [info][status][plugin:timelion@5.2.2] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
log [10:32:22.594] [info][listening] Server running at http://localhost:5601
log [10:32:22.610] [info][status][ui settings] Status changed from uninitialized to yellow - Elasticsearch plugin is yellow
log [10:32:25.032] [error][status][plugin:elasticsearch@5.2.2] Status changed from yellow to red - Request Timeout after 3000ms
log [10:32:25.032] [error][status][ui settings] Status changed from yellow to red - Elasticsearch plugin is red

And you are running Elasticsearch 5.2.2?

A timeout error could be a network problem... Is the Elasticsearch port open from the machine running Elasticsearch to the machine running Kibana?

I have the same problem!
My elasticsearch and Kibana have the same version,5.3.1.
The Kibana is changing status between error and info for a long time, I don't know how to fix it.
Any ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.