Elasticsearch plugin is red when starting kibana

Hi,

I'm using Elasticsearch 5.2 in docker and installed Kibana 5.2 in remote.

Previously I was able to use kibana to access Elasticsearch but now when I start kibana I got error:

log [00:12:26.173] [info][status][plugin:kibana@5.2.1] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
log [00:12:26.317] [info][status][plugin:elasticsearch@5.2.1] Status changed from uninitialized to yellow - Waiting for Elasticsearch
log [00:12:26.380] [info][status][plugin:console@5.2.1] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
log [00:12:26.411] [error][status][plugin:elasticsearch@5.2.1] Status changed from yellow to red - [security_exception] current license is non-compliant for [security], with { license.expired.feature="security" }
log [00:12:26.751] [info][status][plugin:timelion@5.2.1] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
log [00:12:26.762] [info][listening] Server running at http://0.0.0.0:5601
log [00:12:26.765] [error][status][ui settings] Status changed from uninitialized to red - Elasticsearch plugin is red

Not sure if it is because of the license is expired, but I thought even the license expired I should still able to explore the data through kibana?

If your license is expired, you'll need to disable security. You can do this by adding the following to both your Elasticsearch and your Kibana config:

xpack.security.enabled: false

Could you give that a try and let me know what happens? Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks Lukas, actually I just downloaded a basic free license from elasticsearch and looks like the problem is solved.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.