Kibana 6.0 not working

Hello,

I'm having an issue using Kibana. When I'm running the log below is showing.

Details:
Elasticsearch - AWS ES 6.0.1
Kibana - Kibana 6.0.1

Logs:
[info][status][plugin:kibana@6.0.1] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
[info][status][plugin:elasticsearch@6.0.1] Status changed from uninitialized to yellow - Waiting for Elasticsearch
[info][status][plugin:console@6.0.1] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
[info][status][plugin:metrics@6.0.1] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
[info][status][plugin:timelion@6.0.1] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
[info][listening] Server running at http://'localhost here':5602
[info][status][ui settings] Status changed from uninitialized to yellow - Elasticsearch plugin is yellow
[error][status][plugin:elasticsearch@6.0.1] Status changed from yellow to red - Content-Type header is missing
[error][status][ui settings] Status changed from yellow to red - Elasticsearch plugin is red

Please let me know your thoughts regarding this.
Thank you.

elasticsearch and kibana running on same machine? if yes please check localhost:9200. if that echos good and if elasticsearch is running on remote machine, probably then check connectivity between machines.

Nope, Elasticsearch is running on AWS as a service while Kibana runs on our Dev server. We're just using proxy to connect the Elasticsearch to our Dev server.

Status changed from yellow to red - Content-Type header is missing

It sounds like your proxy isn't passing headers through correctly. Elastic search requires requests to have the Content-Type header explicitly set to application/json, and that's why you are seeing that error. The js client that Kibana uses sends that header, so I suspect your proxy is dropping it, or modifying it.

Thanks Joe,

The problem is really in the proxy I'm using. I just updated the version of it and it's now working.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.