I have imported the dashboard

I have imported the dashboard from git however dashboard shows no data in it , visualization id not found

1 Like

Hi Narayan,

It might be that dependent saved objects, including the index, have not been imported with the dashboard. Which version are you importing into and which version was the dashboard generated on? Did you also export with dependent objects and import those?

Hi

I am using opensearch
it will be great if you could guide me through
Have downloaded the dashboard sample from github
From below I am trying to import the dashboard for cloud trail only

In each dashboard

After importing the cloudtrail.ndjson from each_dashboard folder and cloudtrail.ndjason from index pattern below is the result I see

I believe I need to change the index ids , I am missing some steps not sure what I need to do step by steps to use this imported dashboard so that I can map my index’s into that.

OpenSearch/OpenDistro are AWS run products and differ from the original Elasticsearch and Kibana products that Elastic builds and maintains. You may need to contact them directly for further assistance.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

Thanks for the additional details. Digging into the sample you have provided, these look to be OpenSearch dashboards rather than Kibana dashboards. They looked to be based on AWS WAF Dashboards sample which does have steps to import into OpenSearch Dashboards.

These dashboards won't be compatible with Kibana. They will need to be imported into an OpenSearch Dashboard instance. Hope that helps!

Yes this is OpenSearch dashboard I am trying to import can you help me into that

Narayan

OpenSearch dashboards and Kibana dashboards are not the same thing. There is some detail on the differences between OpenSearch and Elasticsearch here.

You won't be able to import them into Kibana. I would recommend using OpenSearch Dashboards and seeking help on the OpenSearch forum.

Best of luck!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.