Icon in Kibana

Hello,

I want to know if it is possible to create a visualisation in kibana with a custom icon.

For exemple, i have a field X and i want to put an icon depending on the value of the field in data table.

Is that possible with kibana ?

Thank you

You can take a look at field formatters: Manage index pattern data fields | Kibana Guide [7.13] | Elastic

They allow you to use the value of a field as a dynamic part of a URL which will load as an image.

For your field, configure the image formatter to load the right icon based on the value (you have to put them onto a reachable web server, Kibana isn't able to serve the icon itself)

1 Like

Hello flash1293,
Thanks for your answer.
i tried to put the icon in a local directory "/src/legacy/ui/public/field_editor/components/field_format_editor/editors/url/icons"
the same directory where kibana put the sample icons.
But i am having an issue, i tried with the value of the filed is "go" got the default icon of kibana,
but when the value is green for example ( i added green.png) can't see the icon.

I cheked the rights on the icon, the size and dimension. looks fine

Do you have any idea ?

Thank you

I already answered this part here:

Kibana is not a webserver, and any way using it like one isn't supported and might break without notice at any point. It's much more robust to store these icons somewhere else (e.g. a wiki or another kind of filehost)

1 Like

sorry didnt notice this part of the answer.
Thank you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.