ILP failed step: Index name does not match patten

Hi. We've been creating our index daily with the following pattern 'test-logs-date'. For example, today's index would be 'test-logs2019.07.22'.

I tried implementing Index Lifecycle Management/Index Lifecycle Policies and when the ILP was linked to the index, I got the following error:

"failed_step" : "check-rollover-ready",
"step_info" : {
"type" : "illegal_argument_exception",
"reason" : "index name [test-logs-2019.07.19] does not match pattern '^.*-\d+'", "stack_trace" : """ java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: index name [test-logs-2019.07.19] does not match pattern '^.*-\d+'
at org.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.rollover.TransportRolloverAction.generateRolloverIndexName(TransportRolloverAction.java:236)

I saw this when I executed "GET test-logs-2019.07.19/_ilm/explain".

We are using ELK 7.0.

I know that in using the ILP/ILM, the index name should end in an incremental number, i.e. test-logs-0001. And this is where my issue is. My question is, is there a way to use ILP/ILM on indices that ends with the date instead of an incremental number?

Hello. I just want to follow-up on this.

Hi,
Does anyone have an idea on how I can fix this issue and use a different pattern for index?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.