Import CSV with json data

Kibana version : 7.13

Elasticsearch version : 7.13

APM Server version : 7.13

APM Agent language and version : java 1.8

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? fresh install

Is there anything special in your setup? For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc. :-no

I am trying to import my CSV to kibana using machine learning data visualizer.

I want one data in my csv as json format. How will elastic know that the data is json . After I put json in a cell in csv and import . the json is simply displayed as a string . It is not shown as json data.

SampleCSV

the last Brand name column has csv data.

After import in discovery the data comes as below. it is like a String . is there any specific format that I need to mention the json data in CSV file so that elastic search understnds

Hi,

Any help on this is appreciated Thanks..

Hi @anjana1,

Did you try providing custom mappings? I recommend checking this blog post, it describes the whole process step-by-step. Hope it helps.

Regards,
Dima

Thanks @darnautov @droberts195 I am unable to get help from above blog regarding json data itself in a CSV.. :frowning:

My mapping is as below ...

{
"description": "Ingest pipeline created by text structure finder",
"processors": [
{
"csv": {
"field": "message",
"target_fields": [
"p",
"App Name",
"Fiscal Week",
"StartTime",
"EndTime",
"Summary",
"Description",
"column8",
"BrandName"
],
"ignore_missing": false
}
},

{
"json": {
"field": "BrandName"
}
},

{
  "remove": {
    "field": "message"
  }
}

]
}

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.