Import only beats relevant dashoard from the whole default dashboards

Good morning Nick,
really? That is great news! We at Metronom (gold subscription) have this issue since a few years on the table. Sample dashboards are a good idea and it makes sense to offer them. But: if you just want to show a few of them (either: e.g. only metricbeats or: specific ones of one type) then it makes no sense to do it as it is done right now.

1. Beats / dashboards / related objects get more and more from version (minor / major) to version.
  2. you have dead stuff in your system that noone needs - this goes against my / our housekeeping policy
  3. visibility for our customers is a nitghtmare. Keep in mind: there can be already quite some dashboards / objects made by internal customers as well

The wish is just to pick that objects /dashboards I or the internal customer need. You could do it by offering a list with checkboxes. But of course you could also still say: I want them all. These are my two cents on the topic. Feel free to discuss it.

By the way is there a trick right now? E.g. unpacking the metricbeat package and deleting in specific directories all the objects I do not need and therefore only installing what I need?
Kind regards
Stefano