Import Saved Object API Issue

I am trying to use API - curl -X POST "localhost:5601/api/saved_objects/_import?createNewCopies=true -H "kbn-xsrf: true" --form file=@file.ndjson" -H 'kbn-xsrf: true'
But i am getting error {"statusCode":400,"error":"Bad Request","message":"[request query.createNewCopies]: definition for this key is missing"}. I am using kibana version 7.7.

Unfortunately the createNewCopies flag wasn't added until 7.10 - Import objects API | Kibana Guide [7.7] | Elastic has a list of the available query parameters for 7.7.

Is using that parameter a requirement for you?

I am importing 4 dashboards and they are using multiple indices but in one of dashboard's visualisations one particular index getting overwrite by other index. so ' i thought that using createNewCopies option same issue will get resolved.

Hmm - the most straight forward option is to upgrade to 7.12, but I understand that's not always an option.

If upgrading isn't an option, it may be worth looking into modifying the export.

Issue got resolved by tweaking object ids of exported objects.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.