Importing dashboards using kibana api through curl

Hi Community,

I want to import metricbeat dashboard , but i can't find the id. ELK version 7.17
command used

curl -u user:pass -k -X POST "https://localhost:5601/api/saved_objects/_export -H 'kbn-xsrf: true' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '" -H 'kbn-xsrf: true' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d'
{
  "type": "metricbeat-*"
}
' > export-2.ndjson

when i open this file , the file was empty.

I read some where, to import dashboard we need dashboard id through id we can download dashboard .

I also inspected the dashboard [Metricbeat System] Overview ECS but i couldn't find the id

That is not a valid Saved Object type (dashboard, index-pattern, etc). You need first find the identifiers of the saved objects you want to export and then build a request like this:

curl --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  --header 'kbn-xsrf: true' \
  --request POST \
  --user ${ELASTIC_USER}:${ELASTIC_PASSWORD} \
  "${KIBANA_HOST}/api/saved_objects/_export" \
  --data '{ "objects": 
[
  {"type": "index-pattern", "id":"YOUR-ID1"},
  {"type": "index-pattern", "id":"YOUR-ID2"},
  {"type": "index-pattern", "id":"YOUR-ID3"},
  {"type": "index-pattern", "id":"YOUR-ID4"},
]
}'

To find your index pattern identifiers you can run something like this using jq to extract the identifiers

curl --silent --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  --request GET \
  --user ${ELASTIC_USER}:${ELASTIC_PASSWORD} \
  "${KIBANA_HOST}/api/saved_objects/_find?type=index-pattern&search_fields=title&search=metricbeat" \
  | jq '.saved_objects[].id'

I am getting below error

{"statusCode":400,"error":"Bad Request","message":"Trying to export object(s) with non-exportable types: metricbeat:Metricbeat-system-overview-ecs"}

query i ran

curl -k --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  --request POST \
  --user elastic:elastic \
  "https://localhost:5601/api/saved_objects/_export" \
  --data '{ "objects":
[
  {"type": "metricbeat", "id":"Metricbeat-system-overview-ecs"}

]
}'

Please review again the documentation for the export endpoint to understand how to build your objects key

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.