How to export dashboards including visualization, query, index pattern?

Hi,

I am on 6.5.4. Trying to deal with the new spaces.
I imported all metricbeat dashboards into a space called template_metricbeat.
For me are currently only 3 dashboards relevant:

So I wanted to export these dashboards incl. visualizations and move it to a different space.

How do I get the dashboard id?
In saved objects I can only see title and description, linked visualizations, etc. but no id.
If I check out the kibana index, I see the following:

I tried to export via curl:

curl -XGET localhost:5601/api/kibana/dashboards/export?dashboard=template_metricbeat:dashboard:79ffd6e0-faa0-11e6-947f-177f697178b8

curl -XGET localhost:5601/api/kibana/dashboards/export?dashboard=79ffd6e0-faa0-11e6-947f-177f697178b8

curl -XGET localhost:5601/api/kibana/dashboards/export?namespace=template_metricbeat&dashboard=79ffd6e0-faa0-11e6-947f-177f697178b8

All without success. So how do I do it?
For future releases please implement a GUI wizzard where you can import / export by gui. Function to copy including dependencies to a different space would also be very nice via GUI.

Regards, Andreas

@asp check out the second half of this blog post, which demonstrates the Dashboard Export API. We are planning to improve the experience in the future, but we don't have a timeline set at this point: https://www.elastic.co/blog/how-to-migrate-to-kibana-spaces

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.