In Kibana Agg Based Metric, how to show in the results only the highest (doc_count wise) '1 min' bucket?

I created an Agg Based Metric with:

METRICS -
Max Bucket aggregation, that has bucket terms agg for source IP, which basically counts the top source IP and returns it

BUCKETS -
Date Histogram with timestamp field, with minimal interval of 1 min.

That combination returns multiple results (based on selected time frame) in 1 min bucket, each with a value (doc count) that represents the top source acted at this minute, see below:

I'd like to return only the highest result (highlighted in YELLOW), so that the metric will show a single value which represent the highest actor in the selected timeframe.

How can I achive it in agg based metric/other metric type?

• could json input field on the BUCKETS section assist with selecting the top result (can't seem to get it to work, I lack of the right syntax I guess)

Appreciate your help.

I don't think you can do that with Kibana visualizations without getting into coding something with Vega.

The closest visualization I can think is to use the new Metric visualization and color-encode your metrics to highilght the biggest value with something like this:

On the new metric, go to Appearance and select to run a dynamic color encoding

Then tune the distribution of values to add a 99 percent class that will give color to the highest value in your data distribution.

Hope it helps!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.