Issue when calculating MAX TPS using MAX Bucket Aggregation

Hello,
I am trying to add a visualization to calculate MAX TPS for an API, attached the Visualization settings.

I am selecting the minimum interval in my date histogram as 1s, but the metric result I am getting is for 10m interval instead of 1s, could you please help us with the issue.

I am able to calculate AVG TPS using Avg_Bucket Metric type, but Max_bucket is not working as expected, am I missing anything here? Appreciate any help in this regard.

Kibana Version : 7.6.1
Elasticsearch Version: 7.6.1

I am expecting a value approximately 70, but am getting 1500, which is I am expecting the max bucket size of 10m bucket interval but not 1s buckets.
The time duration I am selecting is 1 hr, which is below my max_buckets parameter limit set in my Elasticsearch.

Cheers, Ravi.

@elastic_team, can some one take a look at it and help?

We want to see if this can be achieved with out increasing the bucket-size .

@Nathan_Reese , might be a simple solution, can you please suggest
My timestamp filed is just timestamp, and not @timestamp.

I am selecting the minimum interval in my date histogram as 1s, but the metric result I am getting is for 10m interval instead of 1s, could you please help us with the issue.

What is the time range? Kibana auto scales the range when too many buckets are created. You can increase the number of buckets by setting histogram:maxBars

Here is a screen shot from newer versions of kibana that make this more explicit in the UI

yes the timestamp field is just timestamp.

I am using smaller intervals only, like 30 mins, in such cases the bucket size should only 1800.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.