Increasing Rows per Page Limit in Kibana 8.6.2

Hello fellow forum members,

I have been using Kibana version 8.6.2 for my data analysis needs and have come across a query regarding the "Rows per Page" limit in the Discover category of the advanced settings.

By default, the limit is set to 500 rows per page.

Currently, when I query for a specific dataset, lets say I retrieve 3000 hits, Kibana limits the display to the default "Rows per Page" limit, which is set to 500. This means that I have to navigate through multiple pages to view all the hits.

Is it possible to configure it to display all 3000 hits on a single page, , without having to click through multiple pages?

If so, I would greatly appreciate any guidance or instructions on how to achieve this.

Hi @7a6b6f and welcome to the community!

Currently, it's not possible to set more than 500 rows per page via UI but we have plans on improving this user experience in the future.

As a workaround, you can set a custom value via rowsPerPage:3000 param in URL, refresh the page and save the search.

1 Like

Save the search you mean with a csv right, etc.? Is 3000 rows the maximum because we tried 4k also and I could see them in the csv file we saved.

Thank you again very much for your help and support.

Saving a search via "Save" button on Discover would help to persist current rowsPerPage value for future use Save a search for reuse | Kibana Guide [8.8] | Elastic

3000 is not a limit, it's what was mentioned in the initial question.

1 Like

Hi,

Can we save a search for > 10,000 hits in any way in saved search?

Regards

Hi @Sandeep_Raju,

Not yet but we are working on it [OnWeek][Discover] Allow to change current sample size and save it with a saved search by jughosta · Pull Request #157269 · elastic/kibana · GitHub

The only configuration which is available right now is sampleSize on Advanced Settings page. It will be applied to all searches.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.