Increasing the search queue size error(s)

Hello,

I'm getting this error:

rejected execution of org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$7@4dfdde91 on EsThreadPoolExecutor[search, queue capacity = 1000, org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.EsThreadPoolExecutor@158535d6[Running, pool size = 7, active threads = 3, queued tasks = 1000, completed tasks = 20055757]]

So I'm trying to increase the queue_size for search. First I tried this through the console:

PUT _cluster/settings
{
"persistent": {
"thread_pool.search.queue_size": 2000
}
}

But then I got this message:

{
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "illegal_argument_exception",
"reason": "persistent setting [thread_pool.search.queue_size], not dynamically updateable"
}
],
"type": "illegal_argument_exception",
"reason": "persistent setting [thread_pool.search.queue_size], not dynamically updateable"
},
"status": 400
}

I also tried doing it through the user settings on the configuration page

thread_pool.search.queue_size: 2000

But then I got the message:

Illegal user settings

What am I doing wrong?

Thread pool settings are now node-level settings and not dynamically updateable anymore. You'll have to set it in the per-node config. More details in the migration docs: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/breaking_50_settings_changes.html#_threadpool_settings

But then I got the message:

Illegal user settings

Could you post your complete elasticsearch.yml? It should work when added to your config, so it may be a syntax error.

We are running in the elastic cloud, so I don't have an elasticsearch.yml and the user settings on the configuration page are empty.

I only try to add this setting to it:

thread_pool.search.queue_size: 2000

Ah, I'm not sure how you adjust that setting in Elastic Cloud (I'm not overly familiar with configuration there). I'd suggest opening a support ticket, the Elastic Cloud support engineers would know better than me :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.