Index Lifecycle Management

Hi all,
Since the ELK 7 upgrade I noticed logstash index has picked up the logstash-policy under Index Lifecycle Policies.
The thing is some of my indexes do not show here so I can't add them to a policy, I notice these indexes don't have templates defined, could this be the reason why?

Hi there, can you help me understand which part of the UI you're referring to?

The thing is some of my indexes do not show here so I can't add them to a policy

When you say your indices don't show here, do you mean they don't show up in Index Management?

Or do you mean to refer to index templates, which you're trying to add to a policy?

If you could share screenshots of what you're seeing (with your private data obfuscated) that would help too. Thanks!

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. They show up all in index management but they don't when I want to add a template to a policy because I dont think cisco-asa and winlogbeat have a template- when i curl localhost:9200/_template/cisco-asa?pretty nothing shows up, is having a template a requirement?

Note: cisco-asa index and winlogbeat are not selectable

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.