Indices data transfer btw different type of multiple clusters

hello,
i have 2 clusters but different license types are placed;1st cluster has only basic license, but 2nd cluster has gold x-pack license.

i need to transfer a couple indices data from 1st cluster to 2nd cluster. since only 2nd cluster has x-pack, cross-search is not a possible option.

what would be a best option to transfer target indices from 1st cluster to 2nd cluster?

please advise. thank you!

i guess using logstash with elasticsearch for input and output is one of option. it should work btw different clusters. correct?

please advise. thank you!

Which version are you using? Would reindex from remote or snapshot and restore be an option?

Thank you for reply.

Ver6.6.

Can i use “reindex from remote” feature as realtime data collecting purpose?

No. If it is not a one-off transfer I would recommend changing the indexing clients to index into both clusters in parallel. Real-time replication is what the new cross-cluster replication feature offers, but this requires both clusters to have a platinum license.

if so, using Logstash with both input & output as Elasticsearch could be a solution to transfer data realtime from one cluster(w/o xpack) to the other(w xpack). right?

thank you!

I would recommend setting up 2 separate Elasticsearch outputs in Logstash so you write to both clusters in parallel. Performing real-time replication between clusters is a complex problem which is why cross-cluster replication was developed. I am not aware of any other ways of doing it and the standard approach is to write to all clusters in parallel.

1 Like

thank you for your advices! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.