Input fields involuntarily convert character combinations into unicode, like "<-" or "=>" into ← and ⇒

I can't search for "->" or "<-" or "=>" and probably other combinations in Kibana since input gets converted to → ← ⇒ and like.

Even if it isn't input: creating a filter by pressing (+) on a "->" field creates a filter for "→", and I see no way to trick it not to.

It obviosuly makes it impossible to search for "=>", for example.

Any idea why is it this way and how to force Kibana not to screw up input?

[UPDATE]: it is an interesting (and pretty uncalled for) effect: it seems to be a displaying problem. If I edit the Query DSL then it displays wrong but does the search.

However it was failing for me since Discover » Details » Filter for value (aka +) uses the plain field instead of field.keyword and the former cannot search for "=>", but as it turned out the keyword subfield indeed can.

So I see two (or three) problems here:

1. -> and like gets displayed incorrectly
  2. Expanded document shows fields (that is okay) but filters for them instead of field.keyword, which may result a non-working search
  3. some search on field doesn't work which works on field.keyword. I guess this is not a bug, since I believe that's the way it works, but this creates weird effects for the first two cases.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.