Install Filebeat on Solaris 10

Hello,

Has anyone been able to install filebeat on solaris10 and 11?
Kindly share how this has been done please

Thanks,

Wako

Filebeat should work on Solaris 11 on amd64 (not sparc) if you build it yourself. Go only has support for Solaris11/amd64.

If you have access to a Docker you can easily cross-compile a Solaris binary that you can then copy over to your Solaris machine. Otherwise you can install Go on Solaris and build from there.

$ docker run -it --rm -v `pwd`/solaris:/solaris golang:1.8.3 /bin/bash
root@0be2e1a56cb4:/go$ go get github.com/elastic/beats
package github.com/elastic/beats: no buildable Go source files in /go/src/github.com/elastic/beats
root@0be2e1a56cb4:/go$ cd src/github.com/elastic/beats/filebeat/
root@0be2e1a56cb4:/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/filebeat$ git checkout v5.6.3
Note: checking out 'v5.6.3'.
HEAD is now at c343370... Bump version to 5.6.3 in the 5.6 branch
root@0be2e1a56cb4:/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/filebeat$ GOOS=solaris GOARCH=amd64 go build
root@0be2e1a56cb4:/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/filebeat$ cp filebeat /solaris/
root@0be2e1a56cb4:/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/filebeat$ exit
exit
macbook15:tmp akroh$ file solaris/filebeat 
solaris/filebeat: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/amd64/ld.so.1, not stripped

Thank you Andrew. Unfornunately I need it for Solaris Sparc

You may be able to use gccgo to build for Solaris/sparc (including Solaris 10). I personally haven't tried this method.

Thanks so much I will try this and share if it works

In case it does not will it be possible to transfer the log files (using rsync) to a linux box on which I have filebeat running ?

Ill need Solaris OS logs : /var/adm/messages and Oracle database alert logs

Yeah, we usually recommend using syslog over TCP or RELP to get logs off of machines that cannot natively run Filebeat.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.