Install logstash plugin via RPM?

Hi,

for some reasons, it would be better for me to install the logstash-filter-prune plugin via RPM.
I have been able to generate the RPM from the gem file, using command gem2rpm, with some modifications in the resulting spec file.
However, after installing, logstash does not seem to find it. The files are in the right place

/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/logstash-filter-prune-3.0.3/

but I still get the error

[ERROR] 2019-04-12 14:18:45.869 [Converge PipelineAction::Create<main>] agent - Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"LogStash::PluginLoadingError", :message=>"Couldn't find any filter plugin named 'prune' ...

Would I need to run some command to make LogStash aware of it? Or is it just impossible to install plugins via RPMs?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Cheers,
Jose

BTW, I would also need it for logstash-output-lumberjack :slight_smile:

At the end, I have changed my strategy.
Instead of creating the SPEC file with program gem2rpm, I just prepare it manually to copy the .gem file into /tmp/, and then run "logstash-plugin install" against it.
It seems to be working fine.

Only annoying thing is that the plugin gets installed under vendor/local_gems/ instead of vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/ with the rest of plugins. I guess I need to set some environment variable or similar to fix that.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.