Install on LXC hangs at 17%

Trying to install kibana on an LXC container under proxmox. Fresh container using an ubuntu template, installed the repo just fine, did apt update, no problems.

Once I do apt install kibana, it seems to go ok until it reaches 17%, and then outright hangs. disk i/o goes super high, lagging other containers, and it never moves past 17%, just hangs there.

Any thoughts here? I have 6 other containers all doing various other things, no issues.

This maybe seems to be related in some way? https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/17176

Tried under Docker using an LXC container still, running into probably the same problem?

8ba884070f61 is stuck completely, not moving from 20MB/75MB, the others are completing very slowly.

According to netdata, the drive is doing quite a lot, but seemingly not getting anywhere...

Hey - depending on IO limits we may need to give it more time. The current build has node_modules included, we're working on eventually phasing this out, but in the interim it includes a huge number of files. We'll see longer in windows (~20 mins) but it's not completely out of the ordinary on Linux.

Is your dockerfile mounting any of this as a volume or anything? Any info on hardware allocated?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.