Installing Fleet Server on ECK Openshift deployment

Hi all.

I have deployed by using the operator, in a Openshift K8s cluster an ECK environment with 3 ES multirole nodes, 1 Kibana, 1 Logstash and 2+2 Metricbeats and Filebeat to get logs and metrics from my two nodes k8s cluster. Everything works fine so far.

Now, my new goal is preparing this environment for APM to monitor the apps running in my k8s cluster's pods.

After reading documentation in the Elastic's web site. It seems that the recommended approach is using Fleet Server + Elastic Agent. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Also, what I understood is that ECK in self managed environments does not come with the fleet server installed.

And well, the point is that when I look for a guide about what are the next steps I should perform I get really confused. It seems that I need to do it but I only see instructions to install it in an on-premise server like Deb, Lin or Windows.

Does someone knwo if there is a manifiesto .yaml that would allow me to add the Fleet Server install and integration as I deploy my ECK environment in k8s?

Thank you and regards.

Carlos T.

Hi,

Have you checked the doc Run Fleet-managed Elastic Agent on ECK | Elastic Cloud on Kubernetes [2.5] | Elastic?

Hi Hendry.

I feel terrible for not being capable to find this.

Thanks a lot. I think this is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you so much and best regards.

Carlos T

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.