Installing x-pack for elasticsearch with a proxy authentification problem

(Paul Goluche) #1

Hi, I've been trying to install x-pack with a proxy on Elasticsearch for a while now and i've been having the following error when i try :

I'm using a proxy and the line we can find in the elasticsearch documentation to do my installation :

I do understand that there is an identification problem but I can't get where it comes from, I've used my ID and password as following (this is what I have found on other subjects) :

Other info :
Xubuntu 18.04
elasticsearch 6.2.4
openjdk version "1.8.0_171"

(Yogesh Gaikwad) #2

Hi @Paul_Goluche,

Could you please check what authentication does scheme does your proxy require : Basic, Digest, NTLM etc.?

Also I would try with curl/wget to see if I can visit in verbose mode so the proxy settings work, just to verify credentials.

Thanks and Regards,
Yogesh Gaikwad

(Tim Vernum) #3

Have you considered just doing an offline install?
You can manually download x-pack and then install it from a local file.

(Paul Goluche) #4

Hi, my proxy requires a Http Basic authentification.
I can use elasticsearch with no problem using the curl and xget, xput. I have also been able to use kibana with no trouble.
I will try to provide you more info via the verbose mode this evening

Thanks and Regards,
Paul Goluche

(Paul Goluche) #5

I'm trying right now, but I would still like to understand the problem linked to the proxy so it doesn't happen again the day I can only install from a command line..

(Paul Goluche) #6

And I managed to install with no problem thanks !

(system) #7

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.