Is there a way to export the CSV report of a dashboard in Kibana programmatically?

I understand that Kibana dashboard allows us to show logs data in a table like structure. It also allows us to download this data in a csv file. I can also see two download links provided in the dashboard which says 'Export: Raw Formatted'.

Below is a screenshot of the same:-

But i would like to automate this process instead of having to manually download the CSV files. It there a way i can achieve this programmatically using RESTful API's or something?

Basically, i would like to get this CSV downloaded using a program in Python or Java or Shell Script. I think there must be some API that i can invoke and get this CSV file. Can someone please let me know if such a functionality exists in Kibana? By the way, we have the paid version of Kibana version 7.3.1.

1 Like

You can automate CSV report generation for sure https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/automating-report-generation.html#_use_a_script

Hi Mikhail,

I had already gone through this link. It does not solve the use case which i had described in my post above.

The option of generating the CSV report with a POST url exists only in the Discover tab and not in the Dashboard.

What i need, is a way to export individual visualizations in the Dashboard, in the form of a CSV. As mentioned in the screenshot in my post, there is a link which allows me to export the table data as a CSV (Export Raw Formatted). But i want to achieve this programmatically. Is there any API that can allow users to perform the same functionality as this link?

Basically, i need to be able to use this API to generate the same CSV as that generated by clicking on this link which says - Export Raw Formatted.

I hope my use case is clear. If such an option is not available, can you suggest any alternatives by which i can achieve the same.

I am curious if such a solution exists. I have a similar requirement.

Sorry, I misunderstood the question. The feature you asked about, is being in development. You can track progress in https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/30982

It seems that the development is on hold. When is this feature expected to roll out?

In the meanwhile, is there any other alternative to achieve this?

1 Like

Is there any response to my previous question?

Any help is much appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.